First off, I hope that anyone reading this never has to watch their child suffer the pain of saying goodbye to a parent and I send out a prayer for all those other military children who have had to do this that their mothers and fathers come home safely....you little ones truly are heroes without asking for it or knowing it.
I promise that all posts will not be doom and gloom for the next year, but it has been a tough weekend and there is little energy in this house to say much. It was an awesome 2 weeks with Taylor. Liam, however, became more attached to Taylor than ever and you can tell how well he understands what is going on and that Daddy left us for a long time. We have gotten through a few months already, though, and day one of the most difficult part. While we wait for R & R and Daddy's final homecoming next April, we eat an M & M every night to count down the days (when they're gone, it's time for him to come home). In the meantime, and with the promise of a more upbeat post next time, here are a few pictures of the great times had these past few weeks:
Playing in the backyard with bubbles:
Enjoying an afternoon snack during a boys day home:
Liam attending his first Orioles game:
Lunch with family:
Fun on the playground:
Easter fun at Aunt Katherine's:
2 comments:
poor little man... and george AND you... I miss you guys so much!! smooch to you!
You are a stronger woman than I, Laura. Thanks to men like Taylor, I won't have to experience this and for that alone (besides everything else they are doing there) I am eternally grateful. We are all going to OBX this Sept.- maybe you three could come- I would love to see you and the kids would have fun together!! XOXOXO,
Bri
Post a Comment