Saturday, March 28, 2009

Cooking Club

Chef Liam

Well, one of the things I don't love about Liam's school is that you need to pay extra for your child to be in small groups on a regular basis. The only two things he's asked to do, though, is Phonics and Cooking Club. He is loving phonics and doing really really well. He is spelling his name orally and writing it on a regular basis...although often omits the "i" because "it's lowercase and he's only using uppercase letters". I'm not telling him about the "a" and "m". Hee hee

Anyway, the other club he is in is cooking club. He wears a little apron and the kids actually get to prepare their own dishes and cook them. This is sooooo up his alley and he is just ecstatic when it's cooking club day. They have made pizzas, chicken quesadillas, and this week made dirt cake...complete with gummy earth worms. Super tasty.

Dirt Cake...he made this in cooking club at school

Liam has been doing well. He and I are doing our best not to wish time away, but it's tough. Hopefully just two more weeks left. In the meantime, I'm soaking up all the love I can get from this kiddo before I have to go back to sharing him. While it's definitely difficult to have Taylor gone, an awesome side benefit for me is that I get all the love and attention this kiddo has.

Mama and Mr. L...I was holding him because we were on the 3rd floor and that made him very nervous

No comments: