or even staying in the pool (which obviously is hilarious):
After a good hour of "I'm in the pool, I'm out of the pool, I'm in the pool, I'm out of the pool, etc.", it was time to dry off:
We headed inside, where I realized that maybe Liam had had a bit too much sun:
He had discovered this Bob the Builder helmet and insisted that this was how it was to be worn. Amazingly enough, he never walked into any walls or anything.
This morning, we all had a hearty breakfast and headed off to Hueco Tanks State Park and Historical Site. "Where?" Liam asks:
Hueco Tanks. It's not far from El Paso and known for its great rock climbing. Most of the park is by tour only (which we did not do with Mr. Man) since there are so many old, old, old Indian artifacts and paintings all over the rocks, but we were able to do a bit of hiking anyway. Mama hiked with Liam all the way to the top of one of the mountains (okay, they're not the Alps, but he is 26 lbs):
We took a rest at the top where Liam drank more water than either of us, since hiking in the heat is hard work and paused for a family photo before heading down.
All in all, a great time was had. Liam LOVED being outside with us and hiking. Hoping to do a lot more of that when we are out East in a month!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment