This past week has been a blur. When I went to Goddard on Wednesday to pick up the boys, Mr. Man was showing signs of his first case of pink eye. We went home and I prayed to God that it wasn't pinkeye. Well, hopefully, God must be saving answered prayers for later since Liam woke up on Thursday with a wicked looking eye. So, I took my 1 millionth day of leave this year and took him to the pediatrician. Sure enough...pink eye. The good news was that he felt fine and we had a fun day just me and him. G went to school so as not to contract the disease.
Friday didn't look good either, so while my students attended an assembly that had months and months of planning and their easter egg hunt with a sub, I packed up the car (not an easy feat) and headed down south to VA Beach to see Mimi and Tooey.
Saturday was so nice. Tooey, Liam, G and I went to a St. Patrick's Day parade in Norfolk. Liam had never been to a parade and seemed to really like it (minus the loud horns and sirens):
The bathroom was a big concern for me since I have rarely ventured out with Liam for a lengthy period of time with him in underwear. Sure enough, as soon as we got there, he had to go, so I ran with him to a church nearby and praise Jesus, it was open! So no problems there.
Liam got to see a lot of things he'd never seen before. His favorite was definitely the little racey cars:
and just hanging out with his Tooey. These two are two peas in a pod:
Sunday, was the main event, though...the whole reason I spent 4 hours packing all of us and loading the car (I soooo wanted to just throw suitcases out of the top window of our 3 story townhome by the end). The easter egg hunt!! We hadn't been down to VA Beach since Taylor left and I thought this would be a great excuse to invite ourselves down since Liam enjoyed it so much last year. Well, it turns out, the jokes on us. Maybe we should have reviewed the photos from last year before getting all hyped about the hunt:
So, lets review holidays that Liam enjoys. Halloween...yep!
His birthday...definitely.
Christmas....wish it were every day!
Easter....um, I'll pass.
No really, Liam, this is fun. You pick up the colorful eggs and there are treats and candy in them. You get to put them in your basket and take them home!
Hmmmm....nope, I'll pass! Plus, I CAN'T REACH IT!
Liam, we've been here for 10 minutes now, begging and pleading with you to just pick up the damn eggs. PICK THEM UP!!
Okay, if I HAVE to, I'll force myself to pick up these two large candy-filled eggs.
(BTW...Tooey looks really suspicious in this photo...like maybe the FBI should be looking for him).
Okay, you don't like to egg hunt. How about a visit with the bunny:
Yep...that's our child. Quite the joiner. At least he's cute. Plus, he can make a really cool farm for ya:
1 comment:
What a cutie for sure!!!
Bri
Post a Comment